‘So you want to be a journalist?’ is a complete module to be used for Year 5/6 (Upper KS2/US 4/5) English lessons, written by a former newspaper reporter. It contains plans for a starter, main activity/activities and a plenary for 7 differentiated lessons plus additional advice for forming a journalism club. The pick-up-and-go pack includes accompanying PowerPoints and specially created resources to go with each lesson. The aim of this module is to teach students to find and develop their own news stories as well as writing articles in a truly journalistic style.
• Introduction to shorthand
• Finding the news in community
• Key features and layout of a news article
• Writing from a press release
• Developing articles to add interest
• Experiencing a replica press conference (scripts included)
• Creating a school newspaper